Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Give me Shelter

 

[caption id="attachment_184" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Gimme Shelter"][/caption]

 

 

On my wanderings yesterday l came across this home.  If you can call it that.  I would tend to call it a shelter.  I don't know the story behind this building.  Was it a home that was blown down by a tornado, did a fire burn the top of the structure and the basement was saved. Or is it the community bomb shelter?

It's located in Kansas, just over the board from Colorado. So tornado isn't too far out of the possibilities (think Wizard of Oz), except that every other home surrounding it is normal.  Nothing looks amiss except this home.

I don't think l could ever live in a hole in the ground.  Sometimes l have wanted to crawl into one after l have opened my mouth and things came out wrong, it wouldn't be my choice of residence though.  And then to block the windows with cardboard or plywood?  How dark it must be inside.  Maybe Vampires live there!

The sign says "No Trespassing"   - Who would want to?

To each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment