Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snow


It snowed last night, it blankets everything.


One of the essentials of driving in an area that has significant snowfall is a snow brush.  So why, was there not one in the rental car that l got from Thrift Rental Car in Colorado Springs.  After all, it is November, and even though it has been a lite season for snow fall this year, it doesn’t mean it’s going to stay that way.


So l improvised.  Somehow l had to get the 3 inches of snow and ice off my car this morning.  Using a face cloth to protect my hand from the cold (I do have mitts, which are conveniently on the floor of my car – in Toronto).  I then rummaged through the glove box and
found a folder-thingy that they used to keep car documents in, and scrapped my car.  It wasn’t the best, but it worked.


I have always thought snow was pretty when it covers the ground in its pristine white; now throw in some mountains, stunning.  Pictures won’t do it justice. How do you capture the panoramic awe, the fresh air, the warmth of the sun, the feeling of the power of nature?



No comments:

Post a Comment