Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crunch!! @$%@ !!!!

Ever have one of those days?  Well, l just had one. @#%@!!!!!

My day seemed to start off well, l got up on time with the alarm (l usually do, or before hand).  The shower was hot, my clothes pressed.  I headed out to a earlier then normal meeting at a Starbucks at 7:30 am.  Ordered a nice big Earl Grey Tea, which was served hot, and remained hot while l waited for my appointment- who never showed.

No problem, it happens.  I packed up and moved onto my next appointment.  Got there with a couple minutes to spare.  Went in, and was told, that person had something come up and would have to reschedule.

The next one was there, had a great chat, he had a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree in his office and it put a smile on my face.

My next three appointments failed to show up also.  It was just one of those days.  I was 45 minutes from my hotel.  I punched in the co-ordinates into my GPS, and was heading that way when all of a sudden.......

[caption id="attachment_384" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Smash, Crash, SHIT!!"][/caption]

CRUNCH!!!!!

My day was topped off with a car accident.  I suppose after the first two appointments, l should have just turned around and crawled back into bed.  If only l had known!

So, because the car is rented with a corporate account, l don't get insurance like regular people (you know paying the highway robbery price the rental agencies charge).  We are covered on the corporate account since our company rents so many cars every day of the year.  But on the rental receipt it states that l have declined insurance.

Which, is fine, until you have to prove to a cop that you have insurance.  Especially when the accident happens after business hours on the east coast, and no one at Thriftys answers their phones.  And my car insurance for my car sitting back in Toronto (the car, not the insurance) isn't good enough, since it's not for the car l'm driving (uh, no shit, it's a RENTAL CAR)

So l ended up with a ticket that tells me l have to show up in court in El PASO, TEXAS on January 12, 2012.

Well, at least l had something of interest to write about in my blog :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet that the cop keeps his appointment in El Paso on Jan 12!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete