Monday, January 9, 2012

Fireflies

I stopped at Walmart on the way home from work tonight and saw this really interesting thing.  It was a mason jar that had a mechanical firefly in it, and when you pushed the little button, the firefly would light up and bounce around on this wire as though you had captured a real live firefly.

As a kid, in the summer there were lots of fireflies flying around the lake by my house.  Now the only place most people will see them is in a glass jar at Walmart.  What a shame.

[caption id="attachment_509" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Fireflies in a Jar"][/caption]

1 comment:

  1. That is a shame. I was trying to explain to my neices about fireflies and they just didn't get it. Finally we saw "ONE" and they were like "oh wow!" I remember when they filled the whole night sky.

    ReplyDelete