Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On The Road Again.....

[caption id="attachment_758" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Who ya gonna call????"][/caption]

I stayed at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas.  My room was great.  It was clean, very roomy, had a view of the pool.  And as you can see in the picture above, a phone by the toilet, just in case???

[caption id="attachment_756" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Pool view from my room"][/caption]

 

I headed out of Las Vegas Monday morning bright and early.  It's pretty amazing how quickly Las Vegas ends and the desert begins.  It's almost like a line was drawn in the sand, and no one could build past it.

Most of the drive there were the small cacti on the floor of the desert, then l hit the big times and drove through the Cacti Forest of the Mojave Preserve.

[caption id="attachment_765" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cacti Forest"][/caption]

 

The mountains are pretty, one peak had snow.  I also saw what l believe to be a dormant volcano, you could see the black lava rock  where it flowed many, many years ago.

[caption id="attachment_759" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Dormant Volcano"][/caption]

 

Also, it looked like a dried up lake bed (in the for front of the picture).  The further l drove, l discovered it was man made, and has something to do with the extraction of Chloride.

 

[caption id="attachment_762" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Chloride Pond"][/caption]

 

I had an overwhelming urge to hold my breath as l drove through this part.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics of places I'm going someday in the not to distant future. Well except the bathroom one... not sure I'll be seeing that "exact" toilet :)

    You must be so excited to be on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you will Maria! Not too far behind me l am sure!

    I am very excited!

    ReplyDelete