Thursday, April 5, 2012

Palm Springs

[caption id="attachment_775" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Entrance to Emerald Resort"][/caption]

What a beautiful area. I would  highly recommend the Sunland RV Resorts to anyone.  The resort we are staying in is the Emerald Desert RV Resort from the Sunland group. The RV resort l am at (yep, resort, not a RV Park), where the convention is being hosted is outstanding,  from the manicured lawns to the gorgeous pool area, the putting green, tennis courts, the fantastic weather, the happy people l will be working with and for.

[caption id="attachment_776" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Pool at the Resort"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_777" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Resort"][/caption]

The last couple of days have been busy, busy, busy.  I learned their new to me, and new to them, computer program that will be my virtual office.  It was really interesting to see just how well put together South East Publications is.  They have a desire to make themselves the best, and are moving at lightening speeds to accomplish that.

An error was noticed before lunch with the computer program, and it was fixed by the time we came back from lunch.

Tuesday night after dinner we had a auction where the proceeds will go to KOA Care Camps.  Every staff and sales member donated something to be auctioned off.  Then Wally the President will match all those donations and present a check to KOA Cares Camp to send kids to camp.  Over $20,000 was raised for the kids camp.

When l arrived, l was greeted with hugs, when l said goodbye for now, hugs were given to my new found friends.  Everyone was very open and sharing with how they run their little business, l got many tips, and am ready to hit the road running.

As a side note.  I did give my notice at my old job, and l have heard nothing from my boss.  Just silence.   I would have at least expected a request to "talk about it" when l get back from my "vacation".  I have made a great choice for me and am moving on to a company that will appreciate me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment