Friday, April 27, 2012

Story Time At The Library

Libraries are great!  I'm here using the free Internet, getting some work done, and l'm getting entertained with the 'Story Time' for the little tyke's.  The have had stories read to them and now they are singing songs.  I fear Skidamarink (by Sharon, Lois & Bram) might be lodged in my brain fo the rest of the day.

I love Libraries.  I love books. I love bookstores.  I hope the three never go away.

Kindle, Nook, and  other e-readers out there are fantastic with their capabilities to hold thousands of books in the size of a small paperback. They are fantastic for when you travel.  That being said, there is nothing better then browsing through a library or bookstore, flipping pages, smelling the paper and ink, stopping on pages that catch your eye.

I am sitting in a library in Waterdown, Ontario doing paperwork for my job.  It's nice to see that people still use the library.  I don't know if the library would get as much attention if they didn't have Internet and computers.  There is a fair amount of traffic checking out books though, and that is good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment