Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ohhhhh Noooo....What Have I Done?

Taped and ready to go


After I prepped the van to begin painting, taping and sanding......I slapped on my first couple of strokes of paint.  My first thought was.....Ohhhh Nooooo...What have l done?

It was really white.  I can't say that l can see any of the yellow in the pale yellow.

Since l had already started.....l was committed and had to continue.

As l continued, it started to look better.  I definitely needed two coats of paint, which means, a single quart for the walls is not enough. :-(

4 comments:

  1. Its always like that. You start something and it doesn't look right. It happens when I crochet. The piece looks ugly to me until I get a 3rd done. Haven't figures out why yet. Well the taping looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, l guess it's takes a bit for the vision in your mind to match with the vision before you ......

      Delete
  2. Painting paneling is hard, you have to use a primer first or the paint just wont stick to the paneling...good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra, l am using paint with a primer "mixed" in or whatever the correct terminolgy is. It is sticking pretty good. :-)

      Delete