Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I MUST Be Crazy



I must be Crazy to love living in my van so much.  I mean really, this isn't the wild west where l am travelling in a covered wagon to discover new lands.  Hell, l'm not even leaving the big city l grew up in.

If you haven't done it, l don't know how to explain it to you.  It's freeing, even though l am tied down to my job and the city because of the job.  It's a bit adventurous, not always 100% sure where you might choose to sleep that night.  It's uncluttered, everything l own (other then the back of the sofa bed - which is in a friends garage) is with me in the van.  It can be a tad disorganized, that only lasts a day because l get a little rabid not being able to find "what l absolutely need right now".

The biggest thing is it is eye opening.  To scale down as l have done, to stop spending on frivolous things as l have done, you soon realize that it is the best way to live.

My friends always knew that l loved sleeping in my own bed at night.  And no matter how late it was, l would trek home so l could "sleep in my own bed".  Now l don't need to trek anywhere. I am home.

Of course, one day l do plan on travelling more, seeing North America at a leisurely pace.  Thankfully, l have had the opportunity to see a lot of it so far, it just wasn't at  a leisurely pace.  It still calls to me.

7 comments:

  1. Home is where the heart is. Must be true. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy.... you're keeping me motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect description Tammy. Perfect. You have eloquently listed some of the exact reasons I want my own. To have my home with me at all times would be heaven. Downsized and mobile to boot? Unfathomable bliss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since moving into my van last July I have been in heaven since. The times I have visited people and slept in their house it just hasn't felt as good as being able to close my doors and be...alone in my chariot!

    I hope you do get a chance to travel in it but I love the idea of being in a city, not paying for rent and just chilling in my beast while making an income!

    Cheers and congrats on your renos and reformed life from my-time-my-way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep! living in my rv is the life I love also!!! life changes when this happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you are not crazy. Everyone else is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you are not crazy. Everyone else is crazy!

    ReplyDelete